The Holidays are meant to be a time to enjoy precious moments spent with family and friends, but all too often we find ourselves rushing to decorate our homes perfectly. The good news is a few garlands of evergreens, a colorful wreath in the window, or an arrangement of simple candles flickering on the mantel can create an abundance of cheer. Here are some quick and easy ways to make your home festive this Holiday season:
Develop a Theme!
Something as simple as an unique container filled with ornaments can tie a room’s theme together. Decide which palette you want as far as colors. This helps when decorating tree and placing decorations throughout house that makes the theme flow throughout. Pinterest has great DIY projects to create decoration pieces that go along with any theme. Choose a couple colors and go from there….easy start to making your home festive.
Garland, Garland, Everywhere!
It’s difficult to overdo it on that classic winter decoration, the garland of evergreen. Add some visual interest by weaving in lights, pine cones, strips of thick ribbon, or bright seasonal berries. Whether hung over doorways, draped between shelves, or wrapped around a dining table centerpiece, there’s space for this fragrant favorite anywhere.
Whether outdoors, strung along your bushes, or wound around your staircase, lights add a soft glow and create a comfortable atmosphere. White or color lights….let them shine bright. ‘Tis the season for lighting anywhere you want it to be!
Keep it simple…and don’t forget the tree!
We sometimes feel overwhelmed thinking we need more Holiday decorations when in fact sometimes simple is best. Adding pops of color with a lighted JOY sign or Santa will draw that Holiday feel without cluttering the shelf with several decoration pieces. Spread out the bulbs on the tree and add more ribbon for the full yet simple look.
There are many ways to make the inside and outside of your home cozy, inviting and a welcome respite from the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. Turn on that Holiday music and include the entire family….happy decorating!
From our families to yours, we wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving! May your heart be filled with gladness and your home be filled with joy today and always!
When hosting, each year you try to make this Thanksgiving easier than the last, and every year you end up spending more time running around the house than enjoying your guests.We want to help change that so here are some tips to help you prepare in advance to help you de-stress when your guests arrive! Whether you are entertaining multiple families or you are having a small intimate gathering, Thanksgiving is to be enjoyed by the host, too. Here are some tips to help you prepare your home, and your meal for a Thanksgiving that will be remembered for years to come.
- Invite your guests now! While you may want to try to have an ‘open door’ policy that anyone who wants to drop by on Thanksgiving is welcome, this tens to make for an uncertainty in planning. Inviting guests now allows you ample time to invite a few more guests if you’d like. This will help you budget for food, time, chairs…and your nerves!
- Choose your menu well in advance! Consider going through family traditional recipes in your cookbooks, or visiting your favorite food blogs, or websites for ideas. If choosing a potluck, plan out a list of what type of food you’d like guests to bring and advise them once they accept the invitation.
- Plan your holiday table! Whether you prefer a formal dining experience or you will go with a casual dinner, plan table linen, dinnerware, seats, and serving ware now. Add a pop of color when picking the table linen or place a few pumpkins around for decor. Planning in advance helps lessen the stress the morning of.
- Prep your kitchen! After you have planned the meal, make sure to prep your kitchen with plenty of serving utensils, and plan where the food will be served. This will help you when preparing food and for the ease of serving. This also will help guests find what they need easily without asking you where items are!
- Enjoy your guests! While this step isn’t about preparation, it is the most important step! The holidays only come around once a year, and Thanksgiving is a time to cherish those around you, and give thanks for having loved ones near.
We hope you find these tips helpful when preparing for your Thanksgiving holiday meal and home. Remember to keep an open mind and be flexible when planning, to help lessen the stress that comes when hosting. Every detail doesn’t have to be thought out and your guests will be thankful for you opening up your home to have them over to enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday together!
Let us know if you have any questions or if you want to see this home, or any other, in person call us at 214-620-0411!
Thank you to all who have served and are continuing to serve, we are eternally grateful!
Just a reminder to set your clocks back one hour TONIGHT, Saturday, November 5th!
The 1826 Plan with Darling homes offers the colonial style with spacious layout! This featured floor plan offers 2,595 square with 4 bedrooms and 3 bath. You are welcomed into this home through a beautiful front covered porch option. Unlike many of the floor plans you see with other builders, Darling has placed the spacious master suite at the front of the house along with a guest suite on the first floor. The option for an outdoor living space between house and separate garage is a must-see! So many great features and upgrade options available including a 3rd fireplace! The front porch option has curb appeal that is perfect for those cool mornings watching the sun rise with a cup of coffee!
Darling Homes is currently building this floor plan in Tucker Hill in McKinney, located in Prosper ISD! Tucker Hill is a sought after community that has many great amenities as well as personality in homes throughout the community. Definitely one you want to see in person, call us today at 214-620-0411 and we can take you there!