As children in the neighborhood get ready for Halloween, homeowners are preparing, too. In addition to buying treats for the kiddos, many homeowners like to decorate their home, inside and outside, with festive Halloween decorations. Homeowners can make the experience fun and safe for everyone by following these home safety tips:
- Clear the walkway. Fall is the time when leaves tend to clutter the lawn and pathway to the front door. Sweep your walkway and remove lawn ornaments, including electric cords or garden hoses that may block trick-or-treaters or cause them to stumble and injure themselves.
- Keep it bright. Check your porch light and other outside lights. Replace burnt out light bulbs. It can be fun to set the mood by providing an eerie atmosphere for visitors, but you also don’t want to scare them away. A lighted porch light is usually an invitation for trick-or-treaters to knock on the homeowner’s door. Keeping your entry brightly lit will make it safe for children.
- Carve pumpkins the safe way. It’s a lot of fun to carve a pumpkin and use it as a decoration on your doorstep. Be safe and use a special pumpkin carving tool, instead of a kitchen knife. Stores have carving tools especially designed for children. Another great idea is to let kids color or paint on a pumpkin instead of carving.
- Eliminate potential fire hazards. Some homeowners like to place candles inside their jack-o’-lanterns for special effects, but this can be a fire hazard. It is safer to use battery-operated candles or light sticks than live flames. Your jack-o’-lanterns might get tipped over, or trick-or-treaters’ costumes, their props, and other Halloween decorations, especially dried flowers, may catch fire.
- Serve safe treats. Homeowners are responsible for the treats they provide their visitors. Make sure the treats you hand out are safe. Consider purchasing non-food treats, or commercially-packaged treats that are labeled and sealed.
- Confine your pets. Pets get highly excited when the doorbell rings and may want to greet and jump on a visitor. Some pets are very protective of their master and may attack a trick-or-treater. Keep your pets away from the door for everyone’s safety and your peace of mind.
- Keep yourself and your home safe. Halloween is an exciting time for children, but it is also a prime time for harmful tricks, including vandalism and burglaries. Your safety as a homeowner is paramount. Keep all doors and windows of your home locked and your garage secure. Do not leave valuable equipment, including garden tools, outside. Always check and see who is at the door before opening your home to strangers. If you are unsure of the visitor, do not open your door. Turn off all outdoor lights and check again and make sure all doors and windows are locked when you are done providing treats.
When the Halloween fun is complete, if you are thinking of buying or selling give the Marr Team a call at 214-620-0411. We would be happy to help you find a house, spooky or safe!
For our Floor Plan Friday today, lets take a walk through the gorgeous Madelyn floor plan with Dunhill Homes! This beautiful 2,940 square foot home has 3 bedrooms, with option of 5, and 2-1/2 bath with option of 4! So many great options are available to customize this home for your family. The beautiful foyer brings you in to the wrap around stairs, such an amazing focal point in the home with an open layout. The spacious master suite has the perfect walk in closet for those looking for extra room for those clothes and shoes!! Whether you choose a study or bedroom, it is tucked behind the stairs that guarantees quiet from the living space. The upstairs options are great for entertaining with a built in bar option with media room. So many beautiful features are offered by Dunhill Homes including the different elevations.
Dunhill Homes is currently building the Madelyn floor plan in the Frisco Hills community in Little Elm. Located in Frisco ISD, this community offers a quiet location but still within minutes of restaurants, shopping and will soon have a future onsite school. Closet to all of the major highways, this community is a MUST SEE!! Call us today at 214-620-0411 for your VIP tour of the Madelyn or any other floor plan, we look forward to showing you this gorgeous home in person.
This Friday, lets talk about the beautiful Carissa floor plan with Pulte Homes. This gorgeous home is 2,603 square feet and features 3-5 bedrooms with 3 full baths. The options with this home are endless with adding bedrooms, media room, and even a study in lieu of extra storage in the garage! Looking closely at this floor plan you will first notice how welcoming this home is as you walk through the front door into a beautiful foyer into a hallway that leads you into a large open family area and kitchen. The guest suite in the front of the house is complete bedroom and bath. Third bedroom with bath upstairs with game room offers perfect set up away from the main living area. Spacious master suite with over-sized walk in closet is a must see!
Pulte Homes is currently building this home in Erwin Farms in McKinney. Located in McKinney ISD, this beautiful neighborhood features 212 acres of bike and walking trails as well as a future amenity center including pool. This new neighborhood is just getting started, call us today at 214-620-0411 for your VIP tour!
SPACIOUS HOME ON LARGE CORNER LOT IN PROSPER ISD! Situated on a lg corner lot with beautiful stone and cedar elevation for wow street appeal.Welcomed into a gorgeous rounded entry and wide hallway to family room.With 3 bedrooms downstairs and a separate game, bedroom and full bath upstairs perfect for separate living or guest space.Great kitchen with abundance of granite counter top spaces and serving areas. Huge backyard w over sized gates for storage.
The Laurel floor plan by Gehan Homes is one that you must see! This elegant floor plan welcomes you into a round entry as you make your way into open living space. Spacious kitchen with over-sized island and a quaint breakfast nook with unique arch wall. This plan offers 3 bedrooms, 2 baths in 2,020 square feet all on one floor. Gehan Homes offers so many options to extend patio, rooms, add powder bath, and even add media or gameroom upstairs. The options are endless so you can customize this home for your family. Beautiful laid out floor plan with Master Suite tucked by itself with split bedrooms and a study or 4th bedroom option. Come see this floor plan in person!
Gehan Homes is currently building this floor plan in McKinney in Robinson Ridge. Robinson Ridge has many amenities including a community pool, park, and walking trails. Located in Prosper ISD, this community has an elementary school less than 2 miles away! For a VIP tour of this floor plan or any others, call us at 214-620-0411 today!
The Carolina III by Bloomfield Homes is a popular floor plan that is offered in many of the neighborhoods that Bloomfield builds homes in. Spacious 3,754 square feet, this beautiful floor plan features 5 bedrooms, 3 baths, with 2 dining rooms. Walking into this home you are welcomed into a beautiful circular entry way with personality arches and decorative ledges. Split bedrooms with a gorgeous master suite that includes a large walk in closet. Spacious kitchen with huge island and plenty of counter top space and cabinets. Open living space perfect for entertaining! Upstairs options include game room with upgrade of media room of fifth bedroom with bath. This floor plan is a must-see!!!
Call us to see this floor plan today!
A walk through of the Highland Home model in the Timber Creek Subdivision in McKinney Texas. Timber Creek is located North of 380 in McKinney ISD. For more information call us today at 214-620-0411
Calling all voters….we need your help! Every year, McKinneyOnline.com asks members of the community to vote for their favorite local businesses to recognize McKinney’s BEST! We would love to capture the honor of being the BEST Real Estate Agent/Group and would appreciate your VOTE. It will only take a minute of your time as voting is simple:
- First, go to: http://www.mckinneyonline.com/August-2015/Vote-Now-for-the-Best-Of-McKinney-2016/
- Click “Vote Online Now!”
- Find the “Best Real Estate Agent/Group” space, # 39
- Enter “The Marr Team at RE/MAX Prestige”
Only one vote allowed from each IP address, but feel free to vote from your computer, phone, and even iPad! Thank you so much for your help as we strive to be the BEST Real Estate Team for YOU!